|“A Sketch of the Past”
- Shih, Elizabeth A . “Editing the Palimpsestic Text: The Case of Virginia Woolf's
'A Sketch of the Past'.” pp. 132-40 IN: Kukil, Karen V. (ed. and introd.); Woolf in
the Real World. Northampton, MA: Clemson University Digital; 2005.
- Pawlowski, Merry M. “Public and Private Tyrannies: Virginia Woolf, Life-
Writing, and the Feminist Revision of History.” pp. 257-78 IN: Coleman, Linda
S. (ed.); Women's Life-Writing: Finding Voice/Building Community. Bowling
Green, OH: Popular; 1997.
- Rosenberg, Beth Carole. “ How Should One Write a Memoir? Virginia Woolf's
'A Sketch of the Past';.” pp. 7-12 IN: Barrett, Eileen (ed.); Cramer, Patricia (ed.);
Connolly, Paul (introd.); Re: Reading, Re: Writing, Re: Teaching Virginia
Woolf. New York, NY: Pace UP; 1995.
- Dalgarno, Emily . “Ideology into fiction: Virginia Woolf's "A Sketch of the Past."
Novel Wntr 1994 v27 n2 p175(21)
- McCracken, LuAnn .' “The Synthesis of My Being?': Autobiography and the
Reproduction of Identity in Virginia Woolf .”Tulsa Studies in Women's
Literature, 1990 Spring; 9 (1): 59-78.
- McCord, Phyllis Frus “Little Corks That Mark a Sunken Net': Virginia Woolf's
'Sketch of the Past' as a Fictional Memoir.” :Modern Language Studies, 1986
Summer; 16 (3): 247-254.
- Fleishman, Avrom. "To Return to St. Ives": Woolf's Autobiographical Writings.”
ELH, Vol. 48, No. 3. (Autumn, 1981), pp. 606-618.